Monday, June 20, 2011

SO I thought That Maybe I Should Explain this, Kinda

The easy way to explain this would be to simply say that I get bored a lot and that this is merely another attempt at warding off that boredom. That would be the easy way, and It is often surprising how often the easy way of explaining is practically lying, or at least only telling a half truth.

The hard and more accurate way of explaining this is three words to elaborate on: ego, routine, growth.
Whats below here is a chart of egos represented with vague blue bars to show literally how full of themselves each person is


See the person on the left is your average Joe I think, they might obsess over themselves every once in awhile, but have enough humility to occasionally not see themselves as all that and a bag of doritos.

The person in the center is successful, they've proven their worth and thus have no reason to doubt themselves, they're all that and a steak cooked well done. (Unless you like your steaks medium rare like me...)

The person on the right there is me. I tend to doubt myself, a lot, for stupid reasons. You know its bad when you can see the reasons are stupid and still give in to them. I know this is bad, slightly unhealthy and thus am generally always seeking ways to give my ego a tender loving nudge in the right direction. Being able to maintain a blog for at least the duration of the summer between my freshman and sophomore year should in theory help. Or I'll fail miserably and then this picture would be better

That moves us on to the next word, routine. I am not a person who functions well without something to do on a normal basis. I think I am, but I'm not.
My brain works too fast and I have too much energy to enjoy solemn silence and serenity for too long

The final reason is for my own personal growth. I imagine a blog has the potential to increase my ability to narrate to an audience, connect to them, and in general be like, better at things. All stuff that will help when Im writing my dime store mystery.

As for the name, the explanation is rather simple. "Uzari" is the sound in manga for boredom or being fed up, Libration is a pun off of Liberation...cause Im a libra. Haha...I'm so clever (please don't hurt me). Pretty much as this blog is an exercise from keeping me from boredom, I thought the name was on the nose.

No comments:

Post a Comment